Thread: Looking for informations ...

Default Looking for informations ...

I am looking for informations about Georges Boucher ...
    Georges had a car dealership :
    Boucher Motors" 310 East 2nd Street in the city of Vancouver BC .
    At the time he had photos on the wall of his office of a Dauphine 1093, with Canadian license plates on the car.

Is there anybody having some more informations ....

Thanks

Jef

Haha, I remember that photo, it was weird, the car had some very low hanging front license plate.

I saw it when Boucher was at 1234 Kingsway, we asked him about it and he clammed up and wouldn't say anything. At the time (circa 1981) we figured he had it stashed somewhere, but now I am certain it was long gone, even then.

I was in touch with a guy several years ago who had a 1093 in Winnipeg as late as 1980. He didn't know what happened to it either. Probably scrapped.

Georges Boucher was a weird guy - I bought a Peugeot 404 Cabriolet injection engine and Nardi-equipped gearbox from him for $500 in 1981 and I still have it. He said he was going to fit it to a Renault 12 TS, oh yeah, sure, use a Kugelfischer injection system developed for a Peugeot on a 1565 cc Renault, I guess he didn't understand that the 3-D cams in the pumps were specific to the Peugeot. So I reassembled the engine and ran it in a 404 sedan for 130,000 km and now that car is gone, it's in my shed as spare parts for my 1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection.
    Last edited by Mike T; 12-22-2018 at 09:28 PM.

I spoke to Georges Boucher about a year ago and he said that photo of the 1093 on the wall was indeed a Vancouver car, but that of Norm Cousins, an amaterur racer and Westwood racetrack accountant in the early 1960s in Vancouver. His car is long gone. Boucher Motors used to service the car occasionally. That's how they got the photo.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
    2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet
    2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 5 sp
    2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 sp