Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from England

Default Hello from England

Hi from across the pond! Thought I'd join up here as a Renault enthusiast!

I drive a Renault you've probably never heard of - a MK2 Renault Twingo :-) It's great fun to drive and has that typical Renault quirkiness about it!

I'll upload some photographs (if that's okay?!) when I'm next on my computer :-)

Welcome!

Of course we have heard of Twingo, but no one has driven one in the USA because Renault has not had a presence here since 1992. Please do post pix, we are interested in everything.

I tried one way back in 1994 in Spain, that was awsome to me! in those days we had 8 years without Renault in Mexico and looking at those little beauties was incredible to me, I also saw the SuperCinq and various recent versions to that date of R11, R9 and I don't rememeber how many R's.

Still dream with that trip, it was eye opening for me.
    Fernando Zavala
    Alliance 1985 Limited
    Encore 1986 GS
    Encore 1986 Electronic

http://www.kioscomusical.com

Now in Europe Renault models are so long. It start for Industrial vehicles with The Renault Clio Campus with gas engine or 1.5 dci engine,the most little truck.So you can buy a Renault Traffic,Master or Mascott (all with Diesel engine).
    Passengers cars starts in the Renault Twingo Mk II with gas engine or dci.Clio´s are the next car you can buy (the actual Clio is the Mk IV) So you can buy a little spyder only for 2 passengers called Renault Wind made using Twingo chassis.
    So you can buy too a little van made using Clio chassis called Renault Modus.
    The next car is Megane family and Scenic (a van based on the Megane).If you need a sedan you can buy a Renault Fluence (the Megane with 4 door body).
    The Renault Laguna is the most popular sedan 5 door body.If you need to remember the Fuego you can buy a Renault Laguna coupé (2 door body) with a V6 Nissan gas engine or the new V6 Renault Diesel 200hp Bi-Turbo Diesel engine.
    But if you need a serious sedan you can buy the new Renault Latitude (a Samsung model with Renault engines)
    If you need a 4x4 car you can buy a Renault Koleos (Samsung model with Nissan 4x4 tecnology)
    And at last you can buy the best van (with permission of the Chrysler Voyager), the new Renault Espace.You can get it wit a 2 litre turbo petrol engine,a V6 Nissan engine with automatic transmission or the new V6 dci Diesel Euro5 engine with 200hp.
    So if you need an electric van the next year you can get a Kangoo electric van.Now Kangoo only use 1.6 gas engine or 1.5 dci Diesel engine (this is the Kangoo I drives in my job all days,a 1.5 dci with 85hp running for Madrid streets every days)

Yoy can see pìcs of all models in http://www.renault.es/

Un saludo desde España

Paco

Thanks for the responses guys!

Anyway, here is a photograph taken by a photographer at one of the meets (of a club I'm part of) I attended earlier this year

and another of loads of Twingos from the same meet, actually at a disused petrol station which is on the site of an ex. USA airbase (interesting bit of trivia there!). The photo quality is probably not as good as I took it, haha! Mine is in the middle:

The interior:

I'm doing some small cosmetic modifications to it at the moment, it's the entry-level model and already has a surprisingly good standard kit including digital dashboard display and instrument panel, CD stereo and iPod auxilary connectivity, ABS/ESP, 5speed manual gearbox, remote central locking with deadlocking, 14in wheels (not alloys, but might put alloys on in the future!), and it's also very comfy - I took it on a 6 hour drive with one stop and wasn't in cramp or aching at the end of my journey! I've just had mudflaps put on and I'm loving it.

Anyway hope that's given you a bit of an insight. Feel free to ask any questions/make any suggestions

emetero, the UK range is slightly different from the EU range as some models aren't converted to RHD. In the UK, we have this line-up (starting with smallest to largest)
    • Renault Twingo } City car
    • Renault Wind } Roadster
    • Renault Clio } Supermini
    • Renault Modus } Mini MPV
    • Renault Kangoo } Panel van/ leisure activity
    • Renault Mégane } Small family car
    • Renault Scénic } Compact MPV
    • Renault Laguna } Large family car / executive vehicle
    • Renault Espace } Large MPV
    Last edited by Sam; 08-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Hi Sam! I'm new here as well, nice to meet you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEeOHAGr4LE One Twingo the United States has

I saw a BC-registered Twingo near Vancouver a month ago. About a 1995 model (early).

We see Twingos registered in from Mexico once in a while here in the Southern California area.
    Helping to keep our Renaults on the road

Hello everybody! I'm new here too!
    My name's Charles, good to meet you.