Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 lug allow wheels for dauphine

Default 3 lug allow wheels for dauphine

I am on a mission it seems to find either what wheel pattern from newer models fits my 1966 dauphine 3 lug wheel pattern. I am sure someone has run into this and I am beggin for help.
    Thanks,
    Remi

Sorry, noting is out there. The Dauphine and many other Renault models through the 1970s used three lug, 150mm bolt circle. Peugeot and Simca also used the 3 lug wheels, but no one else has done so until the Smart cars. Those wheels are a 110 mm bolt circle. The Renault LeCar used 3 lug 130 mm bolt circle wheels.

I heard long ago that some early Datsun pickup wheels with a 6 lug pattern were 150 mm, but have never verified that.

Quote Originally Posted by hp remi View Post
    I am on a mission it seems to find either what wheel pattern from newer models fits my 1966 dauphine 3 lug wheel pattern. I am sure someone has run into this and I am beggin for help.
    Thanks,
    Remi
    try these guys not cheap but will have what you are looking for
    http://www.gbsalpine.com/wheel/gotti/eng/no7.html
    http://www.gbsalpine.com/wheel/gotti/eng.html
    Last edited by eurostyledacia; 04-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.

The English company Cosmic made some, as did Crommodora, Delta Mic's, Gotti, among others. The trick is finding them. There used to be plenty of all of these in different places in Vancouver about 30 years ago, probably most are recycled by now!

The Cosmics were quite nice for not a lot of money. A friend used to have a set on his Dauphine way back when.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
    2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet
    2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 5 sp
    2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 sp

Default Braid Wheels

Just got 4 wheels for my R8 Braid Brands they are very nice and well finished and the price is right compare to Gotti .300$ a piece from Alpine America in Quebec

Remember that it's not just the 150 mm PCD that is relevant; a major consideration is offset - especially for the front wheels. Any 13" wheel will have steering-corrupting increased offset as it's pushed out a bit to miss fouling on things but 14s & 15s can be of standard offset (by widening inwards as much as outwards).

Image Wheels in the UK will make many of their billet wheel types in any dimension you want. Costly but superb.

Browse: http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/pages/wheels_billet.html

cheers! Peter

Default wheel options

The datsun 6 bolt was the same as the older 4X4 chev trucks and they do not fit close but no go ! If you are looking for a wider rim and want the same appearance just have the centers transfered to 15 or 14 inch 4.5 or 5 inch outter rim the centers where mostly just rivited in any way and there are lots of steel rims in the wrecking yard that the Renault center fits !!! Just get the spacing right when you transfer the center.

Gordman

Quote Originally Posted by gordman View Post
    The datsun 6 bolt was the same as the older 4X4 chev trucks and they do not fit close but no go ! If you are looking for a wider rim and want the same appearance just have the centers transfered to 15 or 14 inch 4.5 or 5 inch outter rim the centers where mostly just rivited in any way and there are lots of steel rims in the wrecking yard that the Renault center fits !!! Just get the spacing right when you transfer the center.

Gordman
    Just one caution about this: if it is 15" wheels that you are going to have then you'll have to measure Renault originals' & donors' internal diameters - that is, the diameter on the innermost section of the rim wheel well where the centre attaches. They vary in shallowness, &, if you get a donor wheel that has a shallower well (larger internal diameter), you're stuffed. A deeper well is ok because your machine shop can turn your Renault centre down a bit, much as they would if you made the (advised) move to 14" wheels.

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by hp remi View Post
    Thanks,
    Remi
    I have 3 of those old 3 lug rims and wide white wall tires, with the threaded hole in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by frogparts View Post
    Sorry, noting is out there. The Dauphine and many other Renault models through the 1970s used three lug, 150mm bolt circle. Peugeot and Simca also used the 3 lug wheels, but no one else has done so until the Smart cars. Those wheels are a 110 mm bolt circle. The Renault LeCar used 3 lug 130 mm bolt circle wheels.

I heard long ago that some early Datsun pickup wheels with a 6 lug pattern were 150 mm, but have never verified that.
    i have 3 of those.