Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alliance/Encore part numbers

Default Alliance/Encore part numbers

Hi folks,

I have the parts microfiches for every Alliance and Encore from 1983 to 1987

This allows me to obtain any part number and also determine whether or not a part from one year is identical to the same part from a different year.

Anyone who needs help with this can post a request under this thread and I'll be pleased to help.

Scowser

I cannot find a listing for the Air Charge Fuel Temp Sensor that screws into the intake manifold. I cannot read any number from the current sensor. It is a small diameter with two wires coming out. The sensor itself is recessed/flush with the screw fitting - the sensor does not protrude. Pretty sure it talks to the computer. Has the usual pigtail connector. I made a guess and ordered a Standard Brand #Tx-28 aka Four Seasons #36400 aka BWD #WT5011, but the fitting diameter was too big; otherwise it looked like the right thing....
    My car is 1985 Renault Alliance L 2-door sedan. 1.4 liter. Auto Trans. Looks like the manifold is French manuf.
    My car only gets about 22 mpg and i am suspecting this sensor and maybe the computer. Usually starts up with little problem, but tends to flood if it does not start promptly. Is rather hard to restart once hot.
    If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Hi there,

The part number for the air intake temperature sensor on the '85 Alliance 1.4 litre is 89 33 000 157. It is the same for the manual and automatic transmission. AMC had a habit of abbreviating part numbers after 1985 so this part may also be listed under the number 33 000 157.

The '85 1.7 litre engine takes a different sensor as do all the engines in '86 and '87 so you have to get the one specifically for your year and engine size. Strangely, I cannot find any such sensor for the '83 or '84.

The Haynes manual for the Alliance and Encore has the detailed diagnostic and testing procedures that should help you pinpoint the source of your problem. It is available from Rock Auto for around twenty dollars. In some areas the Haynes manual is better than the official Renault manual as the information is better organised. For example the wiring diagrams are much clearer. I also checked for your sensor but Rock Auto doesn't seem to have it. I'd get the manual and run through the diagnostic and testing before trying to find the sensor that might not be the source of the problem.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Scowser; 06-07-2016 at 06:33 AM. Reason: additional information added

Default 85 Alliance 1.4 air charge sensor and coolant temp sensor.

Thanks for the air charge #. Do you know how to transfer this # to a retail part # that a store or manufacturer might have so that I could buy one?
    Also, if you can, could you find the coolant sensor number for the same car - it is a 2 wire sensor that screws into the the end of the cylinder head, and I think it feeds the computer. (It is not the single wire sensor near the water pump that feeds the dashboard temp gauge-although if you have that number also, that would be great). - Bill A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowser View Post
    Hi there,

The part number for the air intake temperature sensor on the '85 Alliance 1.4 litre is 89 33 000 157. It is the same for the manual and automatic transmission. AMC had a habit of abbreviating part numbers after 1985 so this part may also be listed under the number 33 000 157.

The '85 1.7 litre engine takes a different sensor as do all the engines in '86 and '87 so you have to get the one specifically for your year and engine size. Strangely, I cannot find any such sensor for the '83 or '84.

The Haynes manual for the Alliance and Encore has the detailed diagnostic and testing procedures that should help you pinpoint the source of your problem. It is available from Rock Auto for around twenty dollars. In some areas the Haynes manual is better than the official Renault manual as the information is better organised. For example the wiring diagrams are much clearer. I also checked for your sensor but Rock Auto doesn't seem to have it. I'd get the manual and run through the diagnostic and testing before trying to find the sensor that might not be the source of the problem.

I hope this helps.

Hello Bill,

I don't have a listing for part number conversions but, if you Google the part number without the spaces, you can often get really useful web sites. I tried it this morning and it lists quite a few sites for your part. One of them shows the sensor for sale on E-Bay. It also lists Walkerproducts.com which has a table for converting part numbers. The table they show includes your Renault part number and a corresponding Chrysler number for the same part. I think this will help you. Another great source for parts is Jose a.k.a renaultsource, who is a frequent contributor to this forum. His e-mail address is agostoja@aol.com

The coolant sensor part number for the '83, '84 and '85 1.4 litre engine is the same as for the air intake temperature sensor that I gave in my previous message. The sensor for all 1.7 litre engines is different and the '86 and '87 1.4 litre engine doesn't list one but has an intake manifold temperature sensor instead. I guess they moved the sensor because they finally realised that having the coolant temperature sensor right next to the block heater was a really bad idea.

The temperature gauge sender part number for all '83, '84 and '85 engines is 77 01 348 143. In view of AMC's habit of abbreviating part numbers, I think it may also be listed under either J1 348 143 or T1 348 143. The part number listed for the sender on all '86 and'87 engines is different but it looks to me to be the same part.

I hope this helps.

Stephen

Thanks for the '85 Alliance parts info. I will start to track these down!

What would part numbers be for a 1987 GTA Alliance struts and shocks?

Thanks.

Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red87GTAconvertible View Post
    What would part numbers be for a 1987 GTA Alliance struts and shocks?

Thanks.

Randy.
    Hi Randy,

The part number for the front struts is 32002616 and for the rear shocks is 83503585. These numbers are unique for your vehicle.

I have looked up NAPA and Rock Auto and they don't list them. I have found, however, that if you google a part number with the word Renault you sometimes come up with sources. It's worth a try.

If you are stuck and have to have rear shocks, I know someone who adapted 80's BMW shocks to fit. Let me know if you want to go this route and I will put you in touch with them.

All models and all years of Alliance and Encore take the same bottom cup for the front struts. This is the cup that the bottom of the spring rests on. The same goes for the cushion kit and the cup at the top of the strut. This makes me 99% sure that if you absolutely have to replace your struts, those from any year or model will physically fit, although the performance may be somewhat compromised.

A strong suggestion: if you disassemble the struts, clean the bottom cups and load them down with grease before re-assembling them. Unfortunately, the struts do not come with new cups and over time the cups rust out. The way they are contoured, the water and salt and grit just sit there and eat through the cup. The grease will help prevent this.

I hope this helps. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Good luck.

Stephen

Greetings - Your offer is great and very timely! I require the part numbers for the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley (serpentine). My engine (F3N 1.7L 8v) is from the Alliance, and my spare engine (F3R 2.0L 8v) is from a GTA. I believe they are the same - but can't read any details. Racing in a few weeks - so as I said - timely offer. Thanks heaps - Jim
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000 rt front.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	2687

Hi Jim,

The part numbers for the the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley (serpentine) are as follows:

There are two types of pulley listed for the F3N. One has the centre hole and also two smaller holes on either side of the centre hole. There are also listed two pins, so I assume that these are retaining pins in addition to the Woodruff key. The part number for this pulley is T0723988.

The other pulley listed for the F3N does not have these other two small holes and the number is 83503455.

There is only one pulley listed for the F3R and it has the two small additional holes. The number is T0732227.

I hope this is useful. Good luck.

Stephen