Thread: Renault LeCar carpet pattern

Default Renault LeCar carpet pattern

I am looking for a worn carpet set or someone willing to trace a carpet set upon a paper element of some type, to enable me to have a local shop cut a carpet set for my 1983 LeCar 2 door. I am also looking for a GTA or R5 Sport/Alpine steering wheel as well.

Where are you located? I'm near Frederick, MD. You're welcome to come over and document the carpet if you're near. Else, I might be able to do it for you. Can't remember how much work it was to put in, but if it's just the center console, then it's easy. Front only, or front and back? There's a bunch of molded bits that go on the firewall that would be tough.

I don't check on here often, so email me on yahoo - same username.

Karl

If you're near Denver I've got a stack of R5 carpet you could dig thru.

Default Thanks for the offer

Hey KFOSBURG

I am just down the road from you, in the Haymarket , VA area.
    That said, here"s my situation:
    The carpet that I have is/are actually just mats that clip to the bare metal floor. I was informed by the previous owner that those mats are in fact the carpet.
    As such, I was hoping to put down real carpet, with a nice underlayment, and order some nice sisal mats to complete.
    To note, I have had several R5's in the past, but the one that I currently have is, though awesome, the most bare bones model that I have ever seen, except for the obligatory sunroof, of course
    The windshield washer "motor" in my car is actually my foot, with a little rubber thing that I push, located to the left of the clutch. And that was in 1983 !
    All for the better, though, as I have always considered myself a "roll up the windows" kind of guy. Technology can be overrated at times.
    So, long long story short, if you do in fact have a "wall to wall" carpet that I can trace, I would really appreciate the opportunity to meet up.
    Lunch is on me.

James

QUOTE=kfosburg;7703]Where are you located? I'm near Frederick, MD. You're welcome to come over and document the carpet if you're near. Else, I might be able to do it for you. Can't remember how much work it was to put in, but if it's just the center console, then it's easy. Front only, or front and back? There's a bunch of molded bits that go on the firewall that would be tough.

I don't check on here often, so email me on yahoo - same username.

Karl[/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of the steering wheel you are looking for?
    Get the latest news about the French auto industry on www.french-cars-in-america.com

Default Car sold

I sold the R5, and it is now back in PA in good hands.