Thread: Wheel adapters?

Red face Wheel adapters?

Howdy folks,
    I've been trying desperately to find the manufacturer of a specific set of rims that would fit my R12 with no luck. So I've moved on to researching wheel adapters.
    Does anyone sell 3x150 wheel adapters? Would any shop fabricate them for me?
    If this is a lost cause, just tell me.

Default Set of 5 R 12 Rims

Buddie,

I just happen to have a set of 5 good rims for a R-12 and would consider parting with them. I even have a set of centre hub caos & bolts that are not too bad and a BRAND NEW NOS set of centre caps that I would sell to.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Rims are located in California.

Marbroman

I emailed a company about making custom wheel adapters from scratch. Said it was no problem for the price of $300. Thats for 3 lug to 4 lug. 4x100 to be exact.

http://www.billetwheeladapters.com

Default R-12 Rims

Nate R 10 1300,

Why would you bugger around with wheel adapters when you can have a set of five actual 3 bolt R 12 rims in good shape with a set of 12 lug nuts to boot, and a set of four reasonably good hub caps?

If you can't afford the shipping from southern California to where ever you are located, then I guess you are stuck with wheel adaptors, and spending $300 bucks on wheel adaptors, but before you commit to adaptors do your sums. You still have to buy four 4 lug wheels that will fit with the new offset once the adaptors are fitted, unless you have those wheels already. Adaptors are a poor choice in my mind and only a last resort. You coudl end up spending $300 on new steel wheels and $300 on adaptors, and still not be happy with the result. I woudl not take the chance.

Send me a PM, and maybe we can work something out. Like I said, I have a set of steel wheels (5) for the R 12 that I would part with, and lug nuts and hub caps.

Best regards,

Marbroman

Default R-12 Rims

Oops,

I replied to Nate R 10 1300, and I guess the original request came from Camster.

Camster, send me a PM and I will happily try to work with you.

Marbroman.

Quote Originally Posted by marbroman View Post
    Oops,

I replied to Nate R 10 1300, and I guess the original request came from Camster.

Camster, send me a PM and I will happily try to work with you.

Marbroman.
    It's not at all clear to me that Camster is after standard rims.
    It seems to read more like he has some favoured replacement rims in mind but they're not available in 150mm PCD 3-stud. The cautions about offset should he noted.

cheers! Peter