Thread: Hello! We have an '87 Lesharo w/ renault engine. Need some help!

Default Hello! We have an '87 Lesharo w/ renault engine. Need some help!

The transmission went out on our little motorhome and I was hoping someone out there would know what type of car/van has the same transmission. The auto mechanic shops say they don't work on motorhomes, the rv shops laugh and say "that's not a motorhome!" I am thinking there must be something that is the same, does anyone know? Thanks much in advance!!
    Robin

I take it that the transmission was an automatic ? Does your Lesharo run a diesel or the gas engine ? Most of the Lesharo's ran a Renault traffic platform I believe with the 2.2 Renault gas engine they came with a standard UN3 or 5 standard transmission as well . Not sure but possibly the Fuego may have one that may work ? I understand that the auto transmissions where a common problem on these large under powered vehicles. I would suggest to consult the Lesharo forums for parts and suggestions ! I removed the 2.2 with the bad transmission and installed a 3.8 buick supercharged power plant but I do know of a few people who are still running the original system.

Where are you located ? send me a personal note if you want more information .

Gordman.

Wow, I really didn't give much information while wanting an answer. Ok, found out what we have. Its a gas 2.2 Renault engine with an automatic 3 speed. Do you think a fuego will fit? I've noticed that a lot of folks have changed them out in favor of the 3.8 buick system. I asked my mechanic about it and he wanted to know if there was a lot of modifying to get the 3.8 in, will it fit in the cradle for the 2.2 Renault. Just how difficult it is. We live in Wisconsin and this isn't exactly in the area where there are a lot of foreign cars or car parts. Heck, I still haven't found a good old vw mechanic after 16 years.. I thank you so much for your info, I would have sent it back on a personal note but I can't seem to figure out how. I will look for a lesharo forum as you suggested. Thanks again,
    Robin

It has the 2.2 liter and tranny of the Renault Medallion. RV shops have them and lots of parts.