Thread: Dauphine Water Pump Replacement

Default Dauphine Water Pump Replacement

Hi, I'm new to the club, and couldn't find much on water pump replacement, so please forgive me if it's already here.
    I have a '59 Dauphine with a leaking water pump, and have a few questions on how do replace it.

1) Does the radiator have to be removed to make space to remove the water pump and/or fan?
    2) how do you release tension on the drive belt?
    3) I see a plate between the engine block and water pump. Can the water pump be removed without separating the plate from the water pump? I think I can feel bolts on the radiator side.. how many are there?
    4) Is rebuilding the pump myself practical?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Larry

Larry ;
    I will need the clear & correct information. I got the water pump and can give you all the information needed to replace it correctly . Lot of Dauphine Parts , over 30 years experience and open shop for your Renault Repairs. Please call eastern time Shop hours (786) 546-4552.
    Thanks;
    Renault Source

It's a R1090; VIN# 5835446; chassis #733789 which I believe is a 1959. (the title says 1949 but that's impossible that's 4 years before the Dauphine was even on the drawing board) Is that the information you need?

Also, for a different car, a R1090, VIN 6819836, chassis 1521650, I need a CLUTCH DISC, PRESSURE PLATE and RELEASE BEARING for a

Do you by chance have those, or know where to find them?

Larry ;
    Thanks for calling me on the phone As we talked ,I got the parts and Info.
    To repeat write me to agostoja@aol.com .
    O.K.